Sunday, January 29, 2012

Halloween

With Ben deploying in October, we know he would miss all of the major holidays (Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Kate's 8th birthday, Valentines, Easter), our 15th Anniversary and Millie's first birthday. Pretty much everything except for the 4th of July! Ben make everything so much more fun. He is the life of the party, so I knew we would have to do some really fun things to keep everyone from missing him too badly. The first holiday was Halloween. Halloween has become one of my favorite holidays (I get it from my mom!). We decided we would spend Halloween at Grandma Cheryl's and Grandpa Rands house. A few days before Halloween, my mom and I decided to do a spook alley in her garage. We decided on an old prison setting. I bought all kinds of costumes for everyone and props from prisoner skeletons, hand cuffs, fog machine, and many more items to make it scary! My dad and I even went to my Grandpa Ted's old house and corral and gathered up old gates that looked like prison bars. Carter really got into it. He helped with the set up and kind of took charge of the whole thing. We got the whole family involved. Wade, my mom, myself and Kate were all in prison outfits. The twins were were in inmate shirts behind the bars shaking them. Carter was in a black morph suit hiding against the black plastic walls and jumping out at people. I will say that my dad was the best part of the spook alley. He wore some big coveralls with my mom's famous mask (the mask she has literally scared everyone I know with it at one time or another) and he would lunge out at people blowing them with a loud blower mom got from work. It was awesome. The night was filled with games for the kids and good food! We had a great time. Ben would have loved this!

No comments:

Post a Comment